Thursday, January 15, 2009

Song Inspired

Just had my breakfast, a mug of instant 'nescafe breakfast' and a pack of 'iko' multigrain biscuits. Now listening to Switchfoot's 'Learning to breath'. Nica catchy song that I can relate to. The lyrics' about starting fresh. Huhu, what a way to start the morning. Even in the first verse it says:

Hello, good morning, how you do?
What makes your rising sun so new?
I could use a fresh beginning too
All of my regrets are nothing new

See, all of us have something we want to forget but never could. Everyday, it's the same thing. You wake up, you go about your daily routines and at some point your regrets come to surface and all attempt to forget them is crushed. So much for starting fresh huh? But that's not the song is about. The meaning goes so much deeper. We are human. We are bound to slip somewhere, sometime, somehow everyday. That's how GOD created us to be. We just have to do it slowly and hope that HE is beside us every step of the way. The chorus says that part clearly:

Learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
I'm finding that You and You alone can break my fall
I'm living again, awake and alive
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies

Life is beautiful isn't it? We don't know what's gonna happen or what to expect. If we did expect something and the outcome was another WAY round--->SURPRISE !!! Like a box of chocolates. Who doesn't like surprises? ME (Good ones are not that bad though, like chocolates..hehe). Nevertheless, hurtful surprises could be more than just surprises as they would leave you bruised and scarred for life hence come regrets. The 3rd verse described this part of life quite straightforwardly..

Hello, good morning, how you been?
Yesterday left my head kicked in
I never, never thought that
I would fall like that
Never knew that I could hurt this bad

Haha, I'm kinda of a critique/song-interpreter this morning. Don't get me wrong. This blogging thing is turning me into someone mellow, deep and more aware of emotion-evoking songs. Haha, not even sure if that's what I'm gonna be for the rest of my life. But, if so-->It wouldn't be so bad, right?

Huh, I pray to Allah that whoever I turn out to be in the future, I would be someone who doesn't disappoint my parents, my religion, my country, and mostly myself. Can anybody stand living everyday not liking who they are?

Ok, the whole point of this blog is to remind myself and the rest of you reading this, (not that it's my job to remind you ppl of how you should live your life) that life is there for us to fully live it either in bad or good circumstances. It is a commitment. Don't find a way to run from it (is there anyway we can run from it?) instead take baby steps when you find that one particular day is too much for you to handle. In my case, it helps to think that there's always tomorrow. . . And there are other ppl out there who have it much tougher than you do. Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment