Monday, January 19, 2009

..A GathErIng of Old FrIEnds..


Saturday came last weekend as on any other weekend. But this saturday was not like any other Saturday on any other weekend. Last Saturday was memorable, is how I should put it. We planned last Saturday 2 weeks earlier, so of course it was memorable (marked my calendar).

I went to attend a gathering of old schoolmates in Ampang (1 of my schoolmates' house-->she just got married last dec). It was so nice to see everybody (not like everybody since there were only 10 of us who attended) especially with their new appearences it was amazing I could still recognize them. They weren't really into make-ups and dressy outfits back when we were still in high school (8 years ago) that it made me look twice to make sure that they were who they really were. Still, the tansformation was not that drastic.

We had a 'Pot Luck' gathering. Everybody chipped in with food and drinks. Our host, 'Mc De' took out her electric grill and made some mad bbq chicken!! I can still taste the bbq sauce on my tongue rite now. My friends (Jehey, Jitt, Ong) were put in charge of the grilling. They did a great job (minus some grilled above perfection chicken and sausages--courtesy of Ong). Hehe..still it was a nice bbq afternoon. It wasn't really in the afternoon. Check the pic above--> It was way after 5 o'clock (which explains the early food tasting...Hehe-->we were superbly hungry!!). There was also some spaghetti made by Jitt. She was worried that her spaghetti sauce was gonna get us some food poisoning since it was a little bit sour than usualy. I am still surviving with only nice memories of that fine spaghetti. I was in charge of frying the fries (easy you might think until you have to wait by the stove to make sure that the fries are really fried which took forever..Huh!). Jehey brough her famous kiwi pudding (not sure if that is the actual term for that dish) while Kak Ya made potato salad which she thought was not gonna be enough for us all---She brought a huge food container full of potato salad (we all had our fair share of potato salad that night). So, our menu consisted of Bbq chicken/sausage, sapghetti, potato salad, Kiwi pudding, and Fries. Huhu, we had enough food to feed a small army. We didn't think all of that was going to be sufficient--->We were wrong. We still had leftovers after the night ended. hehehehe..After all, we weren't armies. Just a bunch of a quater century old girls.

We ate and drink (this part satarted late since we waited for others who supossedly were coming-->they didn't) while talking and laughing our heads off at the funny jokes/stories. We got to experience our friends' culinary skill first hand (this is very interesting since most of us didn't know if what we made was edible or not..hehe) and just let loose. It was a nice, small and intimate gathering of old friends. We missed being young school kids again..(really? I actually enjoy being what I am rite now..hikhik)..Anyway, it was so nice !!

Oh, did I mention the photography session? This was the part where I knew we were still silly school kids who rushed at being in front of the crowd to get the best spot in the photo. Hurm, not to mention the goofy faces and poses we made for the camera (GOOFY!!..Really..).Hehe, I realised that day I missed my school and my class back in high school. Wished there were many people who attended. But, of course we're grown-ups now which means there are other important commitments waiting for us.
Missing them already..wish We wouldn't grow up so fast..

No comments:

Post a Comment