Wednesday, January 14, 2009

..SigNiFicAnt....

I have not much to write today. I'm trying to remember if anything significant happened to me yesterday. Hurm..(there should be at least one..if not, my life yesterday was spent in vain)..Ok, I've got one.

Last nite I went out with my housemate (Sis Sal) to Alamanda, Putrajaya. She drove (of course)and I hitchhiked (kidding..Hehe). She went bowling with her friends while I spent my time strolling around Alamanda, starting from the Big Apple (the doughnut outlet in which I gobbled down 6 different doughnuts...Whew!!) and ended in MPH (until they switched off the lights indicating that they were closing). Later, I went to buy myself a bottle water from Carrefour. I wanted a plastic bag to carry my socks (brought them along coz my first idea was to go bowling as well-->cancelled). Yawn yawn..(Getting to the significant part already..) Patience is a virtue!

The significant part came later when we were in the car on our way back to our place. We started talking about life changing experiences. Sis Sal, being older than me has many(she'll be thirty sometime in November I guess--oO0ps! not supposed to reveal the age (n_n)). Anyway, one of the topics was how people change in a split second and never go back to being their old selves. It was more about 'You think you know people but you actually DON'T'. We think that we know our friends, but trust me we don't. There are parts of themselves that they keep to themselves and are really careful about keeping them private permanently. Sis Sal said, people think they know that for a fact but they don't until they really experience it themselves. Obviously, we both have experienced it to be able to talk about it. BOth of our experiences didn't have happy ending of course (If any of you reading this had had a happy ending from the same kind of experience, lemme know ok?).

We both thought that being a loner is an acquired special skill that not any mere normal people will get to enjoy their whole life. Not everyone can handle being lonely (Seriously, check out the asylum if u don't believe me). Nobody wants to be lonely (remember the song?. But, we think that it is better to be lonely than be around fake, backstabbing, two-face, selfish people who claim to be your friends just for the sake of being around people (not lonely). I can say for a fact that we will feel much lonelier being around these kinds of people than just being plain lonely. It is not as sad. Trust me. You'll know what to do to occupy yourself. In short, you don't have to be interacting with somebody in order to feel whole. Quoting from the ever brilliant, inspiring 'The Fray', from their song You Found Me:

'In the end
Everyone ends up alone
Losing her
The only one who’s ever known
Who I am
Who I’m not, and who I want to be
No way to know
How long she will be next to me'

Spot on isn't it? They probably have experienced the same thing. So, be comfortable with being lonely. As i said, it is an acquired skill. Work on it. It'll serve you well in the future.
TRUST ME...

2 comments:

  1. Hi! love to read your blog.. we note you mentioned big apple alamanda. well, this is the blog for big apple alamanda http://bigapplealamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, thanx..for the comment/advertisement..
    A great way to promote Big apple too, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete